What are Data Services and Screen Scraping?
Data is the key to making database software work. We offer data services to transfer data from one system to another, import and export data in many different formats such as XML, CSV, JSON, text, Excel, Access, Oracle and so on.
Web page screen scraping is an alternative to getting data, for example we can read in a suppliers ecommerce website page and generate the data into any required format simply by scraping the page content.
Why would you need Data Services or Screen Scraping?
Manually entering data into databases such as products, customers, suppliers, addresses etc. can be a long, arduous and costly task. Much of the data that needs to be entered is often readily available from suppliers, manufacturers or whoever in various formats. We can help get this data quickly entered into your database.
If your supplier has an ecommerce website, we can scrape the content of the web pages and output the data in whatever format is required, e.g. CSV, XML, JSON or just plain text. It could also be directly imported into your own ecommerce website.
What we can do for you
Our data services allow us to dynamically read your own data or from 3rd party suppliers, manipulate it, develop queries or reports, import or export, and save you business of costly hours.
We can also keep your ecommerce website products and prices regulary updated via data supplied from manufacturers, or we can scrape data from 3rd party websites.
Our data and screen scraping services can help with:
- Tranferring data from one system to another
- Importing data from manufacturers or suppliers into your ecommerce and product databases
- Scrape websites of both suppliers, dealers and even competitors to save time entering data
- Export your data into any format required by your customers, or 3rd party software tools
- Reducing data entry time, and maintaining better data integrity and accuracy